Snakes are often dreaded because of their venomous bites. It can instantly kill its victim after the initial contact. Its fangs are deep and can even rotate, making it easy to inflict deadly wounds to humans. That being said, in the rest of this post, we will look at some of the most common mistakes that should never be committed when treating snake bites. Catch it by best snake trap and best snake chaps
Before we start, check out some of the best products to prevent snakes in your homes and gardens, which will make you not too concerned about the treatment of poisonous snake bite. Using
best snake bagger will provide you with peace of mind!
Sucking the Venom Out
We all know that venom is what makes the snakes deadly. When they get in the blood system, they can kill cells and disrupt the functions of the body. Your instincts might dictate the first thing that you have to do is to suck the venom out. Yes, it can eliminate the danger, but the problem is that this is not an easy thing to do. Do not do it by mouth as this can only worsen the situation.
Forgetting the Appearance of the Snake
While you might be in a state of panic and paranoia after being bitten by the snake, it is important to have a photographic memory of how the snake looks like. Try to remember as much as possible its color and physical characteristics. The identification of the snake is important to be able to determine the treatment that is appropriate.
Applying a Tourniquet
A lot of people would think that applying a tourniquet will help in treating a poisonous snake bite. However, health experts agree that this obsolete method will not alleviate the threat. Instead, it can only worsen the situation. In 2002, a study has been published at the New England Journal of Medicine, highlighting that tourniquets are ineffective. Instead, the victim should remain calm, the wound should be kept below the heart, and any activity that could cause an increase in heart rate should be avoided.
If you think that applying ice will restrict the movement of the venom and make you safe from the poison, you are wrong! It is recommended that you do not apply ice or cold compress to the part that has been bitten by the snake. It can only block the circulation of the blood, which can put you in a dangerous situation.
Not Going to the Hospital
After a snake bite and once first aid treatment has been executed, you should not just forget about what happened. Even if you feel fine right there and then, take note that there are some venoms that could take quite a while before the effects can be felt by the body. It will be best to immediately seek medical attention. Identifying the venom and the extent of the problem will be necessary to identify the medical measures that will be executed to keep the victim safe and sound.